I had a very good birthday.
For breakfast, we had chocolate chip pancakes with orange juice. Afterwards, we went to get my staples removed (which was good) and after that we went to the library. In addition to all of that, tons of people loaded me up with so many presents I can hardly count 'em! I got Vector Prime and the Amateur's Mind from Tanya and Darrell, a new chess computer, a chess exam book, and a chess t-shirt that says thy defenses are futile on the front from mom and dad, a Barnes and Nobles gift card from Grandma Kristie and Grandpa John (with which I have already purchased two Star Wars novels and two books by Kenneth Oppel, in addition to preordering Inkdeath) and a whole load of cash from Grandma Reesa and Grandpa Phil. All in all, I'd say that it was a pretty good birthday.
1 comment:
Matthew,
I am sorry I wasn't able to stay a few more days to be with you on your birthday. Even worse - your telephones were on the fritz the day of your birthday and we didn't even get to talk with you. Still we are happy to hear that you put the Barnes & Noble gift certificate to such good use.
I noticed The Christ Commission on your book list. Have you read this book? Interesting approach don't you think.
Have a great 15th year!! Love, Grandma Kristie and Grandpa John
Post a Comment