Last Thursday and Friday, I went to something called Authorwise with my Novel Writing class (see my post titled Story Time). It was a conference for authors/author wannabes from Bookwise, and it was awesome!
I had the opportunity to hear from a lot of great authors, and I got a lot of helpful information for writing my book. The authors that I heard from were Brandon Mull (author of the Fablehaven books), Carla Neggers (who writes romance/murder mystery books), Richard Paul Evans (who wrote The Christmas Box and The Gift), Harry Turtledove (who writes Sci--Fi), Heather Graham, Cindy Cashman (who is author of What Men Know About Women, which is a blank book!), and Mark Victor Hansen (co-author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books). It was great and, further more, free! (My awesome English teacher, Ms. Hansen, got us free tickets!) On top of that I got to miss school! How great can life get?
Bubye!
1 comment:
Matthew, I was having trouble "locating" your familys' blog for some reason. Therefore, I haven't been able to read what everyone has written for awhile. When I finally got to the correct site tonight and saw all your entries I was extremely impressed. I am soooo delighted that your school is proving to be such a great experience for you. I am looking forward to reading your book. I can very easily see myself as the grandmother of a great author!! Looking forward to Thanksgiving. Lots of Love,
G Kristie
Post a Comment