Gordon B. Hinckley, the leader of my Church, died today.
I just found out, minutes after my last entry.
I do not know how to feel. I am shocked, and two emotions seem to be vying for my attention inside me, trying to be felt the most. I feel, of course, extremely sad that President Hinckley is dead. He was one of the constants in life, giving wonderful advice and making me laugh with his quick wit and humor.
But another part of me is glad that he is in a better place, and that he is back with his wife again.
Things like the death of a prophet really set things into perspective. Minutes ago I was writing about something as trivial as a chess tournament, while possibly the greatest man I have ever known had died.
Goodbye, Gordon B. Hinckley, and thank you for all that you did for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment