I started physical therapy on Monday.
To tell you the truth, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be, because, you know, everybody was telling me how much it was going to hurt and expressing how sorry they were that I would soon be tortured to death. But really it's not so bad. First they hook me up to some muscle stimulating electrodes to get my muscles firing (because they've been out of use for so long that they've kind of atrophied). Next they have me walk backwards on a treadmill to get my leg to stretch out to its fullest extent. After that I ride the little stationary bike they have set up there to get my legs to bend. Then I stand on my hurt leg and stretch my other leg out while its attached to this bungee cord thingy. And the final thing I've done this week is that one machine thingy where I lay down and push myself up and down with my legs. Overall, it's not so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment