Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thank You, Grandma Reesa and Grandpa Phil!

About two years ago, my grandparents (who were going on a mission together to New Zealand), gave the grand kids a challenge to read the Book of Mormon all the way through by themselves. The ones who completed the challenge got one of their rewards yesterday.

Those who finished were taken to see the Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration movie with grandma and grandpa. Even though I had seen the movie before, this time was different for me. I felt different, and saw things differently, and, when I saw that movie, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that the church is true. I encourage anyone who has the opportunity to watch that movie.

Afterwards we went to Heritage "This is the Place" park, where Brigham Young first came into the Salt Lake Valley. We had the opportunity to see a play about Utah, to walk into the houses where the first settlers lived, and to look at the monument itself, after which we went to Chuck-o-Rama, always a fun place to go.

You may have noticed that in the first paragraph I stated that this was all one of the rewards. I said that because the reading itself was a reward in its own right. Every time I read the Book of Mormon, I pick somet new things out that I hadn't spotted before.

Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa, for issuing the challenge, and for yesterday.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Great post Matthew. Glad you had such a good (and meaningful) time with Mom & Dad!