Sunday, May 2, 2010

Switching Priorities

I've decided that writing needs to take a bigger part in my life than chess.  Lately, I've focused very much on progressing in chess, and I've done alright at it (my rating has progressed from 1093 in January of last year to 1353 as of now.  The highest rate of progression per year that's supposed to be plausible is 100 in a year.)  However, I can't make a real living off of chess, and I need to focus on things that will help me more in life.  I'm going to retire from semi-pro chess and limit myself to scholastic competitions from now on.

I finished my book (Toran Nott and the Sight) in March.  I read it over, and realized that I really don't like the style it's written in.  I've decided to scrap the whole Toran Nott series and start over from scratch.  Instead of self-publishing this next one, I'm gonna try to do it for real and go to a professional publisher.  I'll also try to publish some short stories in fantasy and sci-fi magazines to get my name out there.  Wish me luck!

No comments: