This last Friday I graduated from Paradigm High School! I'm so happy to be making my first steps into the adult world; college is right around the corner (I start at UVU in the fall) and my mission isn't far behind that. I'm also kinda sad to be leaving Paradigm behind. It's a truly unique school with remarkable mentors (teachers) who go to extraordinary lengths to make sure their pupils succeed. I'll miss all of my wonderful friends there as well.
The ceremony itself was pretty nice. First we lined up alphabetically...
And then, after a twenty or thirty minute wait, the ceremony began. One by one, students took the long walk down the stairs...
And then sat down in the front row seats.
We had some really good speeches. I especially liked this years' valedictorian's, Cara Crystal. We had some wonderful musical numbers by my friend Melanie Bjork (she's sitting next to me in the above picture), who sang "When You Believe" from Prince of Egypt and from Paradigm's choirs, who sang "Into the West" (Abbey's in there, but she's hard to see from this angle).It was a great ceremony. My whole life is ahead of me, and it's time for me to make the best of it. Thank you to everyone who supported me through high school and at the graduation, and thanks for all of the generous donations towards my college tuition. You guys are great! (Oh, and thank you Uncle Ray for all the awesome pictures, you're great!)
No comments:
Post a Comment