At my school, in addition to regular every day classes, we have workshops, or mini-classes. We get to choose two of them, and my choices were Release Time (which is required in order to graduate seminary) and Chess Competition.
So far, both of those classes are great. Release time workshops are exactly like regular seminary except shorter. Chess Competition is cool. I get to play in little tournaments against other people who signed up for the class, sometimes people who are Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors.
We've only had two games in a tournament so far, and I won both of them. I played way too fast, though. That's one of my major weakness's when it come's to chess, as Jeremy and Scott (see my article on chess camp) pointed out to me, and I will be trying to slow down a little in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment