On Saturday I had my first real chess tournament! It was at the public Salt Lake City Library, in, um, Salt Lake City. I went in feeling confident, and came out of it feeling humbled. By this, you can probably guess that the tournament didn't go too well.
Here's how it went. My mom signed me up for the Open Section, because I am unrated, and because that the other sections had age restrictions on them, and I was over that limit. I soon discovered, however, that I was in WAY over my head in the open section. The best players in the tournament were there (including Jeremy's {see my EFY and Chess Camp entries} younger brother, Kayden)! I lost all five of my games in that section! Oh, well. I can always learn from my mistakes (especially since I recorded my games in chess notation). I'll probably see if I can get into the Rated Under 1200 section next time, so I won't get whooped as badly.
(I saw Jeremy at the tournament!)
No comments:
Post a Comment